9.06.2013

If these walls could talk...

It's been years, 2 years since I've been here. Publicly at least, I have many blog posts written, but I haven't had the courage to post them.  Something about change always makes me come to this place, writing allows me to express my feelings in ways that I am otherwise unable to express them.

I am currently surrounded by boxes, and piles of things waiting to be put into boxes. I am ending a season of life, a journey that started 3 years ago on Shady Oak Dr. So much life has happened in this place, memories and experiences that have molded me and shaped me. I had my first heartbreak in the exact spot that I am writing this post. Later collapsing at the foot of my front door after he left for the very last time. I couldn't believe that following my heart and loving God more than loving him would hurt so bad. God is sovereign though, and that same door that had closed a chapter of my life soon started to welcome new faces. Old faces too, but this time, in new ways. My front door has seen late nights and early mornings. It's felt anger.  It knows that goodbyes are hard, but the welcome home's are even sweeter.

In the end, all of the "things" that make this place home are going with me, but even all of the "things" are not what makes this home. It's not my Keurig, it's not my TV or even my front door.  Home is wherever I make it, it's where my Warrior girls know where to find me.  It's where they know I have an open door and usually empty fridge. Home is where I entertain, count sheep and find peace. Home doesn't need an address, home needs open arms and a warm cup of coffee.  

So here's to my new home to new beginnings and to doing life in a whole new way.  



2 comments:

  1. I almost fainted when I saw a blog post from you!! LOL! :-) Hope you're doing well. Come on down to Savannah if you ever feel like a road trip. My door is always open too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Jen! Seriously, I just can't find priority in writing anymore... I really wish I could. Hope you're doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog